Today's team contest: Recruit at least three team members today and your team name goes into a drawing to win three gift certificates for one free hour of bowling, free pizza and pop at Treasure Island Resort and Casino.
Today’s individual contest: Send the most e-mails using your Participant Center and win a long-sleeved MS shirt.
CraniuMS has raised $6690 so far. $345 of that has been raised this week alone during MS Awareness Week. Our fundraising dollars make an incredible difference for families living with MS. Here is just a sampling of how your donation has made a difference so far:
- $25 can provide Yoga and exercise instruction or other materials to people with MS through our Lending Library.
- $50 can provide transportation to an MS education program for someone with no means to get there.
- $200 can pay for an occupational therapy home assessment for someone who is having difficulties with daily tasks around the house.
- $300 can maintain the operation of an MS self-help group for an entire year.
- $400 can pay for a driving assessment for someone who needs vehicle modifications in order to remain independent in their community.
- $500 can help pay the rent for a family affected by MS that is struggling to pay medical bills and other expenses.
- $750 can help people with MS pay for chore services to help with tasks they can no longer handle because of the disease — like shoveling the driveway or meal preparation.
- $2,000 can provide a scholarship to help a young person affected by MS pursue a college education.
I like to think that last bullet will fund the education of the future neurologist who finds a cure! Don't forget to share with us how you are Moving It for MS Awareness Week! Check out this picture courtesy of Tracy Bohm who Moved It by spray painting a snow bank!